Monday, September 2, 2019

Movie Review Monday (GOOD BOYS!)

Happy Movie Review Monday! It's been a while since I've gotten to go to the movies, mostly because there aren't many movies out there that I am dying to see. However, while I am not huge on some of the humor that has come from Seth Rogan, the trailer for "Good Boys" did intrigue me. So I went and saw it this past weekend on a date. And oh my god! I was DYING! Let's take a look:

"Good Boys" (Director: Gene Stupnitsky)



"Good Boys" follows three boys who are just starting out in 6th grade (oh, the memories from middle school) and already they are starting on the wrong foot. The major issue is following little guy Max (played by Jacob Tremblay) as his issue sort of overtakes his friends Thor (by Brady Noon) and Lucas (by Keith L. Williams). There are a lot of vibes from different movies that seem to remind me of a combo of a bunch of movies, from "The Sandlot" to "Ferris Buller's Day Off." There even seems to be some "American Pie" thrown in as well. But not in a bad way! Honestly, the humor in this movie had me just about falling out of my chair with laughter. It's just so much awkwardness that makes you want to laugh because you can remember similar things happening to you (or maybe not quite so similar, but still awkward). 


The topics are relatable, and the laughs just kept coming. The movie was short, sweet, and to the point, just like this review! Honestly, I would go see this movie again, and probably will!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...