Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Con Review Tuesday! Looking Terrific at TerrifiCon!

Hey all! I am back from con 3 of 4, and am starting to hit the wall!


But anyway, I got one more con before I start to close out my con season for this year, although I might have a few smaller ones before the end of the year. However, the next con is another small one, which honestly, after these past two cons, I think is the wiser move for me. So, next up is LI Tropic Con, which is another con I have never done before, but I am excited to try out. We will see how it goes, but come check it out!

In the meantime, let me talk a bit about TerrifiCon. First off, I have done events with the people who run this event before, specifically CT Gamer Con (which I intend to go to again if timing works out), and I usually make bank at that con, so I figured why the heck not, give this one a shot. Figure it's in the same location, run by the same people so they know their sh*t, can't really go wrong, right?


TOTALLY RIGHT!!! I will say, though, I was BEYOND intimidated by the space. This was NOT CT Gamer Con! We were in a TOTALLY different space, what felt like a sort of warehouse, but when I saw ALL the vendors and artists and such, I was SUPER grateful that it was in that area! Oh my goodness! This thing was NUTS!!! Like honestly, my friend from Action Fuzz who came up for this, he was like, "This is a lot bigger than I expected!" I know I missed half the hall myself, but seriously, it was just beyond!



Size of the space aside, this was a very good con for a first time. Friday was slow, but I totally made up for it on Saturday. Sunday was an in-between day, which was better than I could expect. I definitely made friends with my neighbors who were around me, super nice guys, who were great to chat with. While I missed getting autographs and such (seriously, guys, this place was PACKED beginning to end, no way I was able to get away for more than a few minutes) I DID take time for myself to get a voice recording from Phil LaMarr doing a Hermes impression using a quote from my favorite movie, "Clue."

It was definitely a different set-up than what I have been used to before, and the space I was in felt pretty tight, but my neighbors and I made it work. I couldn't use my extra gridwall, but one neighbor made a suggestion with my set-up that worked out fabulously. Overall, I did well for the first time at this con, and I hope to return next year!



In the meantime, COME TO LI TROPIC CON! (Oh, and come to TrotCon, which I applied for!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...