Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Con Review and News!

Hey all! So I missed Self-Promotion Sunday (SPS) by like a mile, which I am a bit sad about cause I got a lot of new stuff up! However, I was a bit preoccupied by being at LI Tropic Con for all of Sunday, so I think I can be forgiven. That being said, just a heads up: I am moving a lot of my stuff from my Redbubble page to my TeePublic page. I have not updated this in a while, focusing solely on Redbubble. But, make sure you check out the TeePublic page as some of my designs are no longer up on Redbubble. 

Redbubble Link: https://www.redbubble.com/people/TrotLOeilArt?asc=u
TeePublic Link: https://www.teepublic.com/user/trotloeil



While you go check out my designs, let me review LI Tropic Con. First off, I have never done this convention before, so I have no idea if they have done this before or not, or if this was a new venue or not. Now, I have stated MANY times that I am a big supporter of smaller cons, and I stand by my statement. Small conventions are VITAL for us who sell at them, because without the small cons, the big ones would not exist. Heck, even San Diego Comic Con and New York Comic Con started out very small. 

Oh, on a separate note: MY PANEL GOT APPROVED FOR NEW YORK COMIC CON! I and two others will be presenting a panel on Thursday, October 3rd, at the Educators Panels in the New York Public Library on Fan Art in the Classroom and Why It's OK! OH MY GOD!! THE REALITY OF IT! I AM SUPER EXCITED!!!!



Ok, I digress. Now, back to LI Tropic Con. So, I still stand by my statement about small conventions. However, if a small con is going into year two or three, hopefully they should have figured out MOST of the kinks that they need to work out. If not, then it shows. Now, I do not know how many years LI Tropic Con has been running, but there were DEFINITELY some things to be worked on. First off, the directions they gave for where the artists were supposed to unload, while fine, was lacking direction. They said people would be there to guide us, and no one was there. I was one of the earliest to arrive, so I get that not everyone might have been there, but that's still not an excuse to not have staff waiting. Next, while a cute idea, the "vendor badges" were nothing but flower necklaces for like a luau. How can you tell who is a vendor and who is an attendee? Seriously! Also, their main stage was RIGHT by the AA, and I didn't even figure out where the vendor area was until I had to go find food.

While I had a decent amount of foot traffic, not enough people were buying, so I didn't even make table. Even with nice table neighbors again (I seem to get very lucky in that department), I was unable to break even. Ugh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...