Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Con Review Tuesday!

Hey readers! Time for a quick con review! So, as many of you know, I have been a bit scarce due to my comprehensive exam. However, on March 23rd and 24th I was able to make my way out to CT GamerCon, which has become a con that I enjoy quite a bit. This con, when I went last year, was on the smaller side, but definitely felt bigger this year, probably because they opened up the space rather than separate the vendors area and the gaming area. I think by making it more open, they helped their vendors by encouraging more sales, which I appreciate. I intend to attend their other event, TerrifiCon, in August. I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I can't wait. I tried a new table set-up, with lights included. I might need more for the back part, but the new lights worked out very well in terms of helping to draw attention to the merchandise. It also worked out because half the time, the lights would get dimmed due to the video games being played on the other side of the divider. I won't complain, because as you can see, it definitely helped out.

I sold a lot of stuff at this con, almost depleting my stock! No joke! I had two downsides: one was a figurine I had just finished was broken (by accident) by a little girl who was too eager to get her hands on it. Now, I pride myself a LOT on the fact that how I make my figurines and that it's hard to break any of my figurines. With this figurine, it was an accessory that I had added to the hand that broke off, which was already giving me a bit of trouble I had noticed, but had fixed with some heavy duty super glue. The break was a clean break, and could have been fixed, but mother said she would buy it regardless. So there is a big plus on that. I'm pretty sure that mom posted a video about me explaining the dolls somewhere. As long as my art is appreciated, then I am rewarded. In fact, I had a repeat customer from last year show up and grab some of my items as well! It was awesome to see someone who remembered me from last year.

The other issue I had was my neighbor on my right having this giant display stand for their pillows, which blocked my table from sight from people coming in that direction, and limited the fact that I could only put up one print on the outside of the display. Now, I won't complain TOO much, because I can sympathize with the seller's reasoning for not wanting to move the display--when you have something like pillows that people want to grab, it can be an easy target for theft. But I do wish that the person had thought of maybe another spot to put the display. It seemed like, with some of the other stuff they had going on, they weren't able to move it. My biggest worry was that someone would knock into their display and it would cause a domino effect. You can sort of see the display area I am referring to in the second picture below.

Next con will be Undiscovered Con, for the first weekend in May, which is good for me, because I will need a break after all my exam work! But definitely come on out to this con, especially if you are local, because it should be epic! Click on the link to check out what's to come!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...