Sunday, August 26, 2018

SPS and Con Review

Hey all! Sorry this review is so late. It's been a very busy week as I have been setting up my two classrooms for the coming school year. It's been especially difficult to get everything done, because I have limited time during the day, and one of the schools, the classroom is shared with two other classes, so I have to be mindful of that. But, without further ado, let me give my review of Tiny Paws Con and show off what is new!

So, let's start with the con review. Now, there's a part of me that wishes I had known that this con was still in it's early stages--I think this was like it's 3rd year or something, someone said. But, normally for me, that's not an issue. I think the con needed to see if any bigger cons were happening, because both TerrifiCon and Liberty City Anime were happening the same weekend, both at least 30-50 minutes from the location of Tiny Paws. So, I feel like that affected people coming in. Now, is this to say I didn't appreciate the con? Heck no! This con really makes sure to take care of it's vendors, and made sure to provide a variety for their guests. I think in one of my previous blogs, I mentioned that they had a time frame for when the vendors could take a lunch break, which is something that I, as someone who has to solo a lot of the time, fully appreciate. They also had water, tea and snacks for the vendors in the vendor hall, so the vendors didn't have to go far for anything. This is very much appreciated. Also, for me, it was only a half hour away so I didn't need to worry about hotel overhead. And one of the best parts? My table was HUGE!!! Check out the new set-up I was able to try!





My downside of the con? I didn't sell ANYTHING! The con chairs were FULLY supportive of me selling a fair amount of my MLP stuff (the con chair herself said she loved a lot of my work), and honestly, a good amount of the furries I knew were also Bronies, so I thought I was good. And even if they weren't Bronies, I had enough crossover stuff that I thought I could at least make back table. It was very depressing to end my con season on this sort of note. Coming home was just really sad for me.



OK, enough wallowing. On to SPS! So, I have been working like a madwoman as I try to get as much done as possible before the end of the summer. I am hoping to finish up a lot of my McDonald's minis soon. But in the meantime, here are a lot of my latest pieces:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...