Sunday, June 10, 2018

Updates, Apologies, and More

OK, so I feel like it's been a while since I posted anything, and I feel like I owe people an apology with that. Recently, my last few graduate classes have been kind of kicking my rear and making it very hard for me to focus on almost anything. In the past, this has not stopped me from doing my blogs and updating you on my progress with reaching the final 100th Fluttershy.

However, to add to this recently, there has been a personal issue that has sort of effected my mental state. Nothing has happened to me personally. I am not ill, nor injured, or anything along those lines. It's a family member of mine who was recently diagnosed with cancer. A very aggressive form of a common cancer that many people live with and don't suffer from. This has thrown me off my game recently. It's a shock to hear that this immediate family member would become ill, this person who is a pillar in my family. I could not even fathom it, and it's worse because I do not know what to do about it. This is one of those things where I cannot do anything more than just sit and listen for news and be a presence for that person. My boyfriend has been AMAZINGLY supportive in this, and I cannot imagine how exhausting this might be for him as well, because I know that a family member of his own just got treated for cancer. Thankfully, for both of us, it seems that both our family members may be OK for now--margins were clear for getting any of the tumors out from what I understand in both situations.

So, there are my apologies for now. I will probably have more as time goes on. But in the meantime, let me post some of the work I have been doing lately. So first, since today is a Sunday, here are a few pieces that I have finished! First, we have a custom Human Luna doll, with a unique stand to make it look like she is dancing on the stars. Then, below, we have a Zilla Nyx figurine, with sparkly hair! Lastly, I did a crazed Mabelcorn who basically took out a unicorn!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...