Sunday, June 10, 2018

ValleyCon Recap

So, this past weekend, I took a chance, and got on board with going to a local con at the Jefferson Valley Mall, which they were calling ValleyCon. Now, this was the first year for this sort of thing, so that's always hit or miss. The upside I can see of getting in on the ground floor of a con is you can really build more of a relationship with the people who run the con.

What had me nervous was that this con was in an actual MALL with normal mall hours. But, it seems my fears were for naught. My concern was, I couldn't stay the full mall hours on Saturday (which was from 10am to 9pm) and left a bit after 6pm on Saturday. I was worried I would come back to my table vandalized. Came back the next day, and it was completely fine, so I had nothing to worry about. It was also interesting because, I got foot traffic that I never would have gotten at a normal con, so it helped me easily make back table as well as profit. Not a lot, but I wasn't expecting a lot for first year. Still very happy.

Next con isn't until end of June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...