Sunday, March 11, 2018

More WIP and Thoughts on my Journey

And so begins the next round of figurines for upcoming GamerCon. While I will still be bringing some of my pony figurines, I am currently working on some Kirby fluff balls, in attempts to get rid of some pink minky fabric that's been hanging around my craft room. I figure, I can't go wrong with pink balls of fluff that look like a video game character.


I have also finally gotten the bait for a Felicia from DarkStalkers. This will be a bit ambitious, but hopefully will turn out cool. I intend to mod her a bit, so she is not so...scantily dressed. I am hoping to get a few other video game character figurines done as well. I've got some mini Pokemon in the works, so we will see how those go, and I have ideas for doing some Magic the Gathering figurines. However, I do not know if those will be done in time for the con. It's a matter of if I can find clothing for them, as I have zero sewing skills. 



It's been a wild journey since I started customizing, honestly. When I started this, I was horrible. And I only did My Little Pony figurines. But since then, I have been moving on from MLP into other characters and it's been interesting to get to this point. I pick up tips and tricks from other artists, and it's made me evolve on my own. I know not everyone appreciates fan art and what fan artists do, but honestly, I support it. If you look at other countries, copying styles in order to learn your own is acceptable. And I would think, this would include fan art. I mean, think about the comic book and animation world: if you want to work for a company, you often have to pass an art test. That art test, often consists of continuing a scene that looks like it belongs in the finished work. That means it has to look SEAMLESS! You are REQUIRED to copy someone else's style in this way. So I honestly think Fan Art has its place in the art world.


 Early Days: One of my first custom ponies, a steampunk pony.



 Last Year: One of the few times I customized a doll, and make this into a Rita doll

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...