Tuesday, February 27, 2018

FanFaire Recap

Well, so, that was a bust.

FanFaire was this past weekend, where it was my first con of the season. Not quite local, but not a huge trek--right in NYC. Table for two days costs me $65 and I won't need to worry about hotel as I have family in the area. My theory is, if I make back table and transportation (i.e., getting from family to the location as well as parking) I would be fine.

Well, I was completely wrong. I only made back table, selling 4 figurines, two necklaces, a pin, and a print. Never mind that I was finally debuting buttons at my table, and that I was pretty much the only one there who was showing figurines. I know not ever con can go as planned, but I was at least hoping to get SOMETHING.

Now, do not get me wrong, I believe this was a good con. This was not only a first year con, but it was run by a high school PTA at a school for art and design students. Which, many of them probably want to try and get into the con game. THIS, I believe, shows them pretty much what they could expect. And, from what I heard, it was thrown together in 4 months, so that definitely could not have been easy.

Oh well. I was at least able to experiment with a new set-up and I would say it worked out well. I've learned some options for displaying things like my postcards without needing to take up table space.

Next up: CT GamerCon on March 24th and 25th. Let's hope that one goes better!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...