Thursday, February 1, 2018

Why I Brony

So, one thing many people know me for is being an MLP artist and collector. What many people do not realize is just how much doing these two things have saved my life. When I started getting into the pony fandom, I was stuck in a very bad and abusive relationship, though I did not realize it myself. Others did, but not me, and I was too blinded to see it until it was too late. However, to an extent, my exDom did introduce me to the newer MLP series, even though I remember then old one from back in the 80s.

But, as that deteriorated and I was withdrawing more and more into myself, the community of Bronies was where I felt safe and accepted. Creating artwork for the Brony community helped me get through some very bad issues, and made me feel like myself. Collecting custom ponies, autographs, and figurines made me feel happy, allowing me to support other artists and get epic art in multiple forms.

It's sort of like when I get to cosplay and I can be anyone I want. My job and school drain me, and there are times that all I want to do is just let loose. I like dressing up as someone else, and getting to act like someone else, like a black cat when I put on my tail and paws. Or even like a vampire when my fangs come out.

There are very few people who get this. But this is who I am, and I never intend to change. If you want to stare, then please move away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...