Thursday, May 30, 2019

Marvel Endgame Questions

OK, so I got to see Endgame for a second time, and as I had already seen it, I let myself get a bit nit-picky. So far, as I was watching this movie for a second time, I had MANY questions raised. Hopefully, they are sin worthy:

First of all, I want to know how much weight Robert Downey Jr. lost for that space scene. I mean, we all know that they gave Chris Hemsworth a fat-suit for Dude Thor, and they scaled back Chris Evans for the original Steve Rodgers before he became Captain, but did they CGI how RDJ looked? I mean, honestly, the dude looked like he starved himself just to get that look. It might not be sin worthy, but I am seriously curious what his diet was.

Next, I will APPLAUD Marvel for not going the DC route and suddenly scrapping half the movie to put in more of the recent female heroine of a movie (Captain Marvel) into more of the movie, like Justice League had to do. Bravo Marvel, remove a sin!

Now, here's something I'm wondering about: Okoyo just seems to disappear. This one bugs me. SOOOO many people made a HUGE fuss about her name not being on the poster and then suddenly, after her holographic report, she is just GONE! Until the end! WHY? She was available, along with half of Wakanda. Why were they not there at the beginning of the battle? Why not be part of the planning process? This one made no sense. *DING!*


OK, during the time travel, did anyone else notice that War Machine didn't need a special suit? Why is that? Why is he special? Everyone else, even Bruce, had to wear the same suit, but not War Machine. WHY? WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME THINK LIKE THIS?! *Ding!* 

Also, just a random side note, does anyone else think that the Ancient One looks like a Sphixn cat? Seriously, as she was having her conversation with Bruce, that was the ONLY thing I could think about, and that's sin worthy! *Ding*


I still cried like a baby, if not more so, during the Soul Stone scene. Damn you movie! Too many feels! Remove a sin!

Can we just agree that Quill is an ass? Seriously, he reminds me of an ex-boyfriend that basically took about $4,000 from me. *Ding!*

"Mother knows best" cliche! But remove a sin, because goddamnit, it was necessary and it was so damn emotional!

When did Peggy become the director of SHIELD? This is why the Agent Carter series was necessary, and I wish it had continued. *Ding!*

How does Nebula shooting herself not screw up the timeline already? I mean, I know that one of 2014 her and has jumped forward in time, but wouldn't essentially erase the current Nebula? Goddamnit time travel! *Ding!*

Did anyone else notice that the cheeseburger reference was a reference to the first Iron Man? "Hero comes full circle" cliche, despite the fact that I am crying over that whole scene! *Ding*

And finally, HOW the F*** did Peggy keep Steve a secret? I mean, honestly, you wouldn't want to go out on date with him, and wouldn't people see him and realize "Hey, that's Captain America" and wouldn't that just blow up everything? And if they had kids, wouldn't the kids want to bring Dad to career day or something? Or like when friends would come over, wouldn't they realize it? And how can he even get a job during that time frame if he's supposed to be frozen in ice? Five sins for not thinking that one through, Marvel! *DING!*


Probably more are coming, but this is it for now.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...