Sunday, July 1, 2018

SPS and More

So! I wanted to post about the army as well as show off a few new pieces that I have been working on. Let's start with the army:

I'm currently at 99 right now. In the picture, it shows 98 out of the 99, because my BIG Flutterbat doesn't fit on this display. That one is currently in my bedroom on another display case. But, that Flutterbat was made by the incredible White Dove, which I will post about another day. I think until I get number #100, I am going to show off a few other of my Flutters and promo the heck out of some of these artists. Why? Because they work hard and deserve it.





Now granted, not all of the ones in this collection are customs. Many of these are the official toys. I would say this is about equal in terms of what is custom and what is not. I'd say that's a good mix.

Now, onto some of my new pieces. So first up, is a simpler piece I did, making an Ashi doll from the newest season of the TV show, "Samurai Jack." Now, granted this show ended a while ago, but that doesn't mean I can't do something epic. I actually saw on Twitter that Tara Strong was wondering why no one has done an Ashi doll, and I thought, 'Why don't I do one?' So I did.




So my Ashi doll is based on when she turned good, after struggling with trying to defeat Jack, when she looks like this:


Now, I know that mine is not exactly like the Ashi above, and that's fine. Personally, I like giving my dolls my own little spin.

Another doll I just finished was this Pink Diamond one from 'Steven Universe.' Now, I was struggling with this one for some time, on how to make her just right. And while I am not disappointed with the results, I am a bit annoyed that I could not get the face color the same as the body color. That's because I sprayed the body with Krylon spray paint, and the face I had to paint by hand and I couldn't find the exact same color as the spray paint. So I went with the closest thing possible. I still this she came out alright.

So, here's what Pink Diamond looks like:





And here's my result:




I did want to make her somewhat of a warrior, which is why she has the sword, and I wanted to make the stand look a little like a Gem homeworld, so I hope I achieved that look in a sense.

Lastly, I made a chibi-style Storm from X-Men. And I went old-school style with this one, and even tried to pay homage to sort of comic book type style with the hair. I even gave her some crystals in her eyes to make it seem like she's getting ready to call up a storm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...