Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Con Review Tuesday (URCC and HVCC)

Hello everyone! Welcome to a Con Review Tuesday! This is where I chat about some of the more recent cons that I have been to, and mention some of the cons I have coming up, in order to help promote more local conventions. This week, I've got two cons to review, so get ready for a long one! Might not be so bad since I am home sick today.

First, though, here's the list of conventions I shall be attending and selling at over the coming months. Make sure you check some of them out! Click on the name to see the links!

MinCon: July 13th
LockCity ComicCon: July 27th
TerrifiCon: August 9th to the 11th
LI Tropic Con: August 18th
SyCon: September 14th
Mt. Vernon Library Comic Con: September 28th
NaugyCon: TBD


So, let's start with the past two cons, starting with Undiscovered Realm Comic Con:

So, Undiscovered Realm has been a smaller convention that is local to White Plains, NY, and it's run by a local comic book shop called Undiscovered Realm. I have done business there with the owner in the past, so the guy who runs this con is a good guy. This is the second time I have done this convention, after they took a break last year from doing the convention in order to revamp it. Since it's local, I am always for doing this sort of convention, and the last time I went, I saw that I had a unique product for many of the little kids who come to the convention, especially little girls (though by no means did my products turn away teens or adults). I also got a chance to sit next to some awesome people who do some epic stuff with pipe cleaners--Action Fuzz! Make sure you check them out!

This con also let me debut my return to some traditional art in the form of paint pours: I made a few Thanos gauntlet canvases and a larger canvas of what is meant to look like the Infinity Stones clashing together. It got a lot of comments, pretty much all good, nothing negative. The plus is I ran into a bunch of people who remembered me from previous conventions, and they liked a lot of my newer stuff as well. Despite being a bit chilly, though, due to the open door near where my booth was, the convention itself was epic and I had a great time! If you happen to be local to this area, it might be a good idea to check this convention out.




Now, onto Hudson Valley Comic Con:

This con I have done many times, pretty much almost since it began. Every time I do it, it's just a grand old time. This year was no exception. They always have some great guests as well, so it's always a good time. I ended up next to someone who I had met at a UR con two years back who does some epic paintings: Sean Carlson Art. Think I might ask this guy for a small Goose design. He did have an EPIC Captain Marvel design that if I had room, I would TOTALLY have purchased. Maybe I'll do something with Goose and my cat, Mina. 

Anyway, I was back in Artist Alley for this con, and while I was further back than I have been in past years, it wasn't horrible. Once again, I had people come up to me and say they remember me, including people who saw me at URCC (always good to have repeat customers!) And I had a lot of interest in people asking me about customs and commissions. Once again, I made back table and then some, which is all a seller in my position can ask for. Plus, I got to try a new layout for displaying some of my smaller prints. Maybe I will rework it for my larger pieces next time. But for now, I am glad to be done for a while, as I am exhausted and feeling so very sick.

Make sure you check out the Etsy page to find some of my newer pieces. I will be putting up some paintings soon as well, as I do some minor returns to traditional pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...