Sunday, March 22, 2020

Self-Promotion Sunday

Hey everyone, and welcome to Self-Promotion Sunday! Today would have been my second day at CT GamerCon, but due to COVID19, that is obviously not happening. So, right now, I am doing my best to try and keep spirits up while I update my Etsy shop and pray I can bring in some extra income. Allow me to elaborate:

While I am not a full-time artist like many of my fellow artist sellers, I am a teacher. As such, we just finished our first week of distance learning. As this week came to a close, one of my principals shared the reality of this: due to the sudden recession, we may loose students who cannot afford the tuition. Because of that, our school may be in jeopardy next year. If not in jeopardy, then my position may be up on the line to prevent closure of our school. Many people know that usually Music/Art/PE are the first to go when cuts are made. Since then, my boyfriend also became unemployed, and he worked at a local printing company. While he is positive the company will open back up (and I have the same feeling too), it's a situation that sucks because the extra income I make from cons helps with my meager teacher salary (I make about 50% less than a public school teacher being in a private school). I know many artists are going through the same struggle, but I wanted to use this time to just share with you my own personal situation as well as to please encourage you, no matter what, support your local artists and any local businesses you can.


In the meantime, I have put up some new merch, specifically some face masks based on Akali. Now, I am NOT trying to price gouge with these, nor am I trying to horde. I only found 10 of these in my classroom, leftover from when I did a samurai mask project with my 6th graders. I would honestly rather sell these to normal people so that disposable ones can go to our healthcare workers, WHO REALLY NEED THEM! People, please! Leave disposable ones alone. I guarantee you, you can find fabric ones on Etsy, support smaller businesses, and have a permanent mask of your own! Please!



Also, I am finally adding some of my newer figurines, and some paper craft pieces that I have been meaning to add. My Eevolutions of Flareon and Sylveon are up, as well as my Nightmare Moon glow papercraft, and I just put up a DJ Pon3 papercraft as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...