Monday, November 25, 2019

Movie Review Monday!!! Speeding In with Ford V Ferrari

Alright movie-goers! We have had a TON of movies come out lately, and I am going to my damdest to get to as many of them as possible--yes, this will include "Frozen 2" at some point. Preferably after all the little kids have gone. I have every intention of seeing "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" as well as "The Irishman," "Knives Out," "21 Bridges," and "Last Christmas." These are just the beginning. I will also spend my upcoming holiday weekend reviewing a movie I missed in theaters, but that's for this weekend. In the meantime, let me get to the movie I saw yesterday, the FASTEST two (almost three) hours I spent in a movie theater. And I do mean that both literally and figuratively: FORD V. FERRARI!!!!

"Ford v Ferrari" (Director: James Mangold)


"Ford v Ferrari" tells the true story of Carol Shelby and Ken Miles as they put together the Ford GT40 in an effort to basically stick it to Ferrari, after the owner of Ferrari, Enzo Ferrari, basically screws over the Ford company when they try to buy them since Ferrari goes bankrupt perfecting the ultimate sports car. And honestly, what person does NOT know Ferrari? I mean, it's like on almost every car fanatics bucket list! Heck, if I knew how to drive stick, I would want to drive one, if only JUST to say I did. To own one is pretty much for the chosen few, since the cars themselves are works of art. And I'm not kidding when I say that--they even talk about the process that Enzo Ferrari has his crew put into each car. A TOTALLY different perspective from how Henry Ford and the Ford Company do their cars--a fact that gets rubbed into the face of the current owner in the movie, Henry Ford II. 


So what does Ford do? He asks for everyone to come up with a way to make Ford better. And what's the answer? A sports car. Cue Carol Shelby (played BRILLIANTLY by Matt Damon), who comes in and says that the only way to get a good racing car is basically to give him control and let him decide. Ford messes up the first time, with Shelby butting heads with executive Leo Bebe (played by Josh Lucas) and honestly if there was ever a non-obvious antagonist that existed, it was Lucas' character. I wanted to punch him SO HARD! And quite honestly, I am surprised that Christian Bale's character, the racer Ken Miles, didn't do so several times.


I won't go into more details, because honestly, this is a movie EVERYONE should go see! If you aren't stuck going to see "Frozen 2" then this should be at the top of your list. And even if you are stuck seeing "Frozen 2" then go see this afterwards. It definitely didn't feel like an almost 3 hour movie, and quite honestly, that's the best kind of movie! The acting was great all around, with great chemistry between Bale and Damon, and quite honestly, an ending that made me want so much more. In short, there is really only one word to describe this movie:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...