Monday, July 8, 2019

Self-Promotion Sunday, CON COMING!!!!

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July (if you celebrate that holiday) and, like me, are pretty much gearing up for your con season. Summer seems to be the time when cons just are non-stop. I got two cons in July that I will be selling at, both are one-day cons. Given that I am doing my second (AND LAST) internship for my graduate program, I am fine with this.


Anyway, so the two cons I got coming up are MinCon and LockCity ComicCon. I've never done MinCon before so that will be interesting, but LockCity and I have a little history. This con is great, even for a one day. The guy who runs it is a nice guy, always takes care of his people. I heard he is stepping down, which made me sad, but he says the con will continue and it's being taken over by someone who he has been training and working with to take over. So, that's a good thing. Honestly, both of them are worth looking into. I believe in one-day cons with a passion. This is how cons get started, this is how you build more fans, and honestly, for those of you who can't deal with bigger crowds, small, local cons are a life saver. Because you get all the fun of the convention and not have to deal with the huge crowd.


So make sure you check out the cons! Click on the links!:
MinCon: July 13th
LockCity Con: July 27th

Now, onto the merch. Not too much of an update since last week since, like I said, I just started my 2nd internship for my graduate program. This is the 2nd one I have to do, and it's the last one. And this year, oh my goodness people, my school DIDN'T SCREW UP MY ASSIGNMENT!!! (Last year, it was a TRAINWRECK! I had to threaten to SUE to get any sort of result.)

But! I do have a few minor items to share. First, I added more purses, two more princess designs (Bonnie and Derpy), and then I made a Fluttershy G5 alicorn variant, with two different backings. All of these bags are up on my Etsy page, and are great little pieces for those who might want a purse for a convention.





Also, I have finally finished up my second Mablecorn figurine and another Dr. Who figure. I've been so wrapped up with the internship, as well as finishing a few items for the BronyCon charity auction and art show, that I have been a bit preoccupied in trying to finish a few pieces. I am still trying to finish up a Shuri doll and my Aurora knight doll.



Next, FINALLY finished this love Care Bear, meant to be a representative of Valentine's Day. I think I need to stop these bears, because despite the cuteness, no one seems to be big on them. I hope there is some love for these guys at one of my next cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Fluttershy Friday! I'M MOVING!!! (Also, #154, 155, 156, and 157!!!)

 OK, so first and foremost, SO SORRY for not a lot of posts. Creative burnout is real, as well as some BIG news... I AM MOVING INTO MY OWN H...